Last updated on 03 March 2020
a. What types of personal information are collected by TMPL?
Personal information, over here, refers to any information related to an identifiable or unidentifiable natural person including standard identifiers like name, identification number, location, online identifier or one or more specific factors to physical, genetic, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person & any other info that is so categorized by applicable laws.
We at TMPL collect such personal information to ensure you have a better service experience at our platforms like Hiredd. The personal information that we collect & how we collect varies on how you interact with us.
Following categories of personal information is collected by us in the ways mentioned below:
- Signing up for alerts: When you sign up for alerts on TMPL platforms, your name, email, password, country, city, phone number & organization that you are associated with is collected.
- Register on the platform: Resume information like name, contact details, work experience, educational qualifications, information about your past & present remuneration, etc.
- On using the platform: Data about how and what services you interact with on the platforms, that includes your log and location info.
- On participating in surveys, forms, & likewise: Personal info like age, contact details, preferences, etc. might be collected.
- On opting: Information related to your caste and if you're eligible for any affirmative action programs or policies
- On communicating with TMPL/ other users on the platform: Information about your communication and other info that you choose to provide will be collected.
- On visiting TMPL platforms: When you visit any of our TMPL platforms, including Hiredd, the cookies automatically collect, store, and use technical info about your system and your interaction with our platform.
- On using a device to access platforms: TMPL might collect technical and other related data from the device along with the device location.
Kindly check your social media's privacy and data policy for further details:
b. How TMPL may use your personal information
We recognize the value of your data and thereby use your personal information only fairly and reasonably, according to the law.
As TMPL, we may process your personal information for the following purposes, intended to enrich your experience with our services:
- To provide our products & services to you including sending you job alerts, relevant search results, and recommended jobs/ candidates
- To protect our users and provide you with customer service support
- To improve user experience of our service through the collected information from cookies & other tracking technology. We'll not associate identifiers from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories like caste, sexual orientation, religion, etc. for showing tailored ads.
- To enhance the platform and its content to provide better features & services
- To conduct market researches and surveys aimed at improving our products & services
- To send you information for marketing and promotions related to our products and services
- For identity verifications, government sanctions screening and due diligence checks to the required extent
- To establish, exercise, or defend legal rights in connection with the legal proceedings, including any prospective legal proceedings, and further eek professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings
c. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Such cookies help us remember your preferences and searches, giving an improved website experience to you (e.g., by keeping you logged in), customize and display website content according to your preferences and perform analytics, and assist with security & administrative functions. Cookies may be persistent or stored only during a running session, as necessary. A pixel tag is a small graphic having a unique identifier embedded invisibly in an email and might be used to track whether the email has been opened or for other analytics purposes.
Most of the browsers will allow you to disable some selected or all cookies for any website. However, it's not recommended to do so as it may interfere with the standard TMPL platforms functioning.
d. What are the requirements for the collection and processing of your personal information?
All the personal information collected and processed by TMPL is based on the following legal grounds, depending on the nature of personal information and the purposes it is used for.
TMPL relies upon your consent to process your personal information in specific situations. In case such information is required by TMPL (as per the requirements under the applicable data protection laws), you'll be prompted at the time of collection of personal information, and such processing will only be performed where the consent is secured.
2. Compliance with a legal obligation
TMPL may process your personal info to the extent that such processing is necessary to allow TMPL to comply with a legal obligation. For example, if TMPL is required to disclose your personal information as we need to respond to a court order or if TMPL is required to retain some records for a fixed period of time to comply with requirements under any applicable law.
e. Information Sharing and Disclosure
We recognize the need for appropriate protection & management of any personal information you share with us, which is why we restrict your personal data access to employees who we believe reasonably need to know that info to fulfill their jobs to provide, operate, develop, or improve our products/services.
TMPL does not disclose, transfer, or share your personal data with others, excluding:
- TMPL's affiliates and group companies to the required extent for our business and administrative-related activities or for general corporate operations and provision of services
- Third-parties that include enforcement, regulatory and judicial authorities, in case we determine that disclosure of your personal data is needed to (1) respond to subpoenas, orders from court, or legal process, or to exercise or establish our legal rights as a company or to defend against legal claims; (2) respond to subpoenas, orders from courts, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
- In case a situation or event of a merger, financing, acquisition, or sale of the assets or any other event involving the transfer of some or all of TMPL's business assets arises, we might disclose personal information to those involved in negotiation or transfer
- To third-party service providers and marketing partners associated with TMPL for (1) providing services over platforms on TMPL's behalf; (2) maintaining the platform & mailing lists; (3)communicating with you on TMPL's behalf, conversing about offers relating to its products and services.
- Further, TMPL will be taking necessary steps to ensure that your data is protected and are subject to confidentiality or non-disclosure obligations from these third-party service providers
- Third-party advertisers to display ads to you when you visit TMPL's platforms like Hiredd.com. The third-party advertisers include financial and non-financial companies which may use your personal information and your visits to this platform & other websites to provide ads on this platform.
Kindly note that we do not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact or view a targeted advertisement. However, if you view or engage with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume certain traits and factors about you based on the ad's targetted audience assumptions. They also, in the process, can learn certain personal info about you.
TMPL doesn't intend to transfer your personal information without your consent to third parties who aren't bound to act on TMPL's behalf unless such transfer is required legally.
If your personal data is transferred outside India, we take the necessary steps to protect your personal data in accordance with the applicable data protection laws.
f. Third-party content
TMPL makes no representations or warranties regarding how your data is stored or used on third-party servers. We strongly recommend you review the applicable privacy statements and policies of the third-party sites linked from TMPL's platforms to determine their use of your personal data.
TMPL's Hiredd and other platforms are not intended for children under 18 years of age. The minimum age requirement for using TMPL's platform shall remain eighteen. However, if the local laws require that you must be older for TMPL to be able to provide services over its platforms to you lawfully, then that age must apply to the applicable minimum age criteria of the region.
If you're under the age of eighteen years (or the locally lawful minimum age), you must use the TMPL platforms under adult supervision.
h. Retention of Personal Information
Your personal data would not be retained by TMPL any more than it is required for the purposes for which the personal info is processed and/or as per legal, regulatory, contractual or statutory obligations as applicable.
Whenever such a period expires, your personal data will be deleted or archived in compliance with the laws applicable.
i. Controlling your personal information
You hold the right to invoke your rights, which are available to data principals or data subjects, in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations related to your personal information, which is or is being processed by TMPL.
TMPL provides you with the ability to keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date. In case you would like to change or obtain or confirm your personal details and/or access or exercise your data rights, you are requested to contact us using the contact details mentioned in the end paragraph of this policy. You will be needed to give valid proof of your identity, in order to ensure that your rights are respected.
For exercising certain rights, you might be required to approach the relevant authority or designated officer as per provisions of the applicable data protection laws / TMPL may as per the provisions of the applicable data protection laws, charge a fee for fulfilling your request, in particular in case of excessive/manifestly unfounded request. Additionally, you also acknowledge that the rights mentioned above are not absolute & are subject to limitations following the applicable data protection laws.
j. Confidentiality and Security
TMPL operates its channels, pages, and accounts on some social media sites to inform, educate, assist, and engage with customers. TMPL tracks and keeps a record of the comments and posts made on TMPL's channels with an aim to improve its products and services.
Kindly note that you must not communicate the following info to TMPL through such social media websites:
1. Sensitive Personal Data
Personal data belonging to any info that reveals the racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious/philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, & processing of genetic data, biometric data to uniquely identify a natural person, data regarding health or a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation. Other sensitive personal data like criminal convictions, offenses, and national identification number
2. Excessive, inappropriate, offensive or defamatory content
TMPL is not responsible for any information or data posted on those websites other than the info posted by its employees on its behalf. TMPL is only liable for its own use of the personal info received through such websites.
TMPL does not hold or store any information related to account or credit/debit card details & shall not be responsible for any loss/damage sustained by users as a result of any disclosure of any information (inadvertent or otherwise) concerning your account, credit cards, or debit cards in the path of any online transactions or payments made for any products/services offered through TMPL's platforms like Hiredd.com.
In the event of any personal information being shared by you with TMPL, which is not requested by TMPL during the registration, whether mandatorily or optionally, TMPL will not be responsible for any information security breach or disclosure related to such information.